NUSofting daHornet Free VST Instruments
Free synthesizer, which used to cost money. It offers true analog sound. Although he certainly falls into the “unusual” category, because there are more daHornet than it seems at first glance, that explains why he continues to create excitement.
The Universal Binary version for Intel Macs (included the 64-bit versions) and an optimized update for Windows (32- and 64-bit) are available for a minimum suggested donation of $9.
- Two oscillators, 4 octaves selector, output level, saw and pulse waveforms, pulse width control on Osc 1, fine tuning up to 1 octave on Osc 2.
- Noise generator.
- One LFO with:
– Rate from 0.1 to 100 Hz.
– MIDI sync from 32/4 to 1/36.
– Filter cutoff and Osc pitch destinations.
– 6 shape modes, sample&hold.
- Multimode “vintage” resonant filter with key following function, LP, BP, HP.
- Two envelope generators, VCA and Filter control, with REPEAT function (loop the envelope).
- Polyphonic mode (2 to 16 voices) and mono legato mode with tunable glide effect.
- MIDI learn on every knob to freely assign any MIDI CC.
- MIDI velocity sensitivity adjustable independently for VCA and Filter envelope.
- Master volume.
- Master tuning.
- Virtual keyboard with hide/show button.
- 128 presets factory bank.
- Random presets generator.
- Saving default setting on registry option.
- Any Sample Rate supported (e.g: 44.1, 48, 96).
- Support for SSE, MMX and P4 instructions.
- Volume Type: High, Normal, Soft.
Here grows a list with the Best free plugins for the VST interface. All these free VST plugins work with Windows (mostly from XP), many are also available for Mac OS, some exotics for Linux. This list is updated on a regular basis.